Gluten-Free Flour - 1 Cup + ¼ Cup (297 gr / 10.5 oz)
Dried Mulberries - 2 Packages (60 gr / 2.12 oz)
Water - 1 Cup +1/2 Cup (366 ml / 12.4 floz)
Coconut Sugar - 1 tsp + 1/8 tsp (6 gr / 0.2 oz)
Instant Yeast - 1 tsp (3gr / 0.1oz)
Hazelnut Oil - 1 tsp (5 gr / 0.2 floz)
Salt - 1 tsp (5 gr / 0.18 oz)
for boiling the bagels
Molasses - 2 tbsp (25gr / 1.2 oz)
Water - 4 Cup + ¼ Cup (1000 ml / 34 floz)
• Weigh all dried ingredients together and mix.
• Add the water and the hazelnut oil and mix till a dough forms.
• Place the dough into a lightly oiled bowl and cover it with a damp tea towel.
• Let the dough rest for 1 hour until it doubles in volume.
• After that lightly flour a surface and divide the dough into 8 equal pieces.
• The dough will be somewhat sticky. So to roll the dough into a round, wet your hands and form 8 balls and let them sit for 5 minutes.
• Mix the molasses with water in a pot and bring to boil.
• On a clean, unfloured work surface, roll the ball into slightly tapered 8 to 11-inch logs, then moisten the ends. Hold one end in your palm and bring the dough around your hand to meet, overlapping a bit and close your hand to squeeze together the overlapping ends, then press the seam into your work surface and roll back and forth a few times. Take the dough off your hand, squeezing to even out thickness. Or you can also poke a hole in the middle of the rounded pieces and strech them out a bit to form a bagel.
• Put the pieces on a lightly floured surface and cover them with a light damp towel. Proof them for 30 minutes .
• Preheat your oven to 190C-374 F.
• Prepare a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
• With the help of a ladle, put each bagel piece into the boiling water and let it boil for 10-15 seconds and immediately transfer to the baking sheet.
• Bake the bagels 10 minutes and then reduce the heat to 180C -356F and bake till golden brown around 15-20 minutes more.