Gluten Free Flour - 1cup + 1/4cup (297 gr / 10,5 oz)
Dried Mulberries -2 Packages (60 gr / 2,12 oz)
Water -1cup+1/2cup (366 ml / 12,4 floz)
Coconut Sugar- 1tsp+1/8tsp (6 gr / 0.2 oz)
Instant Yeast - 1tsp (3gr / 0.1oz)
Hazelnut Oil - 1tsp (5 gr / 0.2 oz)
Salt - 1tsp (5 gr / 0.18 oz)
for boiling the bagels
Molasses - 2Tbsp (25gr / 1.2 oz)
Water - 4cup+1/4cup (1000 ml / 34 oz)
- Weigh all dried ingredients together and mix
- Add the water and the hazelnut oil and mix till a dough forms.
- Place the dough into a lightly oiled bowl and cover it with a damp tea towel.
- Let the dough rest for 1 hour until it doubles in volume.
- After that lightly flour a surface and divide the dough into 8 equal pieces.
- The dough will be somewhat sticky so to roll the dough into a roud wet your hands and form 8 balls and let them sit for 5 minutes.
- Mix the molasses with water in a pot and bring to boil.
- On a clean, unfloured work surface, roll the ball into slightly tapered 8 to 11-inch logs, then moisten the ends. Hold one end in your palm and bring the dough around your hand to meet, overlapping a bit and Close your hand to squeeze together the overlapping ends, then press the seam into your work surface and roll back and forth a few times. Take the dough off your hand, squeezing to even out thickness. Or you can also poke a hole in the middle of the rounded pieces and stretch them out a bit to form a bagel.
- Put the pieces on a lightly floured surface and cover them with a light damp towel. Proof them for 30 minutes. Preheat your oven to 190C-374 F.
- Prepare a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- With the help o a ladle put each bagel piece in to the boiling water and let it boil for 10-15 seconds and immediately transfer to the baking sheet.
- Bake the bagels 10 minutes and then reduce the heat to 180C -356F and bake till golden brown around 15-20 minutes more.
Leave a comment