Water - 1 ¾ cup (390 gr / 13.76 oz)
Instant Yeast - 1 tsp (6 gr / 0.21 oz)
Coconut Sugar - 1 tsp (5 gr / 0.18 oz)
Whole Wheat Flour - 1 ¾ cup (255 gr / 9 oz)
Bread Flour - 2 cup (288 gr / 10.16 oz)
Olive Oil - 1/8 cup (28 ml / 0.95 fl oz)
Salt - 2 ½ tbsp (16 gr / 0.56 oz)
Extra Olive Oil For Shaping - ¼ cup (55 ml / 1.86 fl oz)
- Heat your oven to 180C.
- In a mixer bowl put all the ingredients together and mix around 3 minutes on low speed and 5 minutes on high speed until a cohesive dough forms.
- Take a baking sheet and grease it very well with olive oil.
- Put your dough on to the baking sheet and flatten it a little bit and cover it with a kitchen towel or greased stretch film and put it aside in room temperature for 1 hour until it is double its size.
- Take your stretch film off and pour olive oil all over the dough and push the dough with your fingers until the dough fits your tin.
- Let the dough rest for another 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut your dried figs in half, peel the rosemary from its stems and pour olive oil on top of them and mix it well until all is covered with oil.
- Place your figs and rosemary petals on top of your dough and push it a bit so the figs stay in place.
- Cover the dough with baking paper and put it in the preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the baking paper and bake your focaccia for another 15 minutes until the top is golden and the figs are caramelized.
- Cool your focaccia down for 10 minutes and remove it from the tin.
Leave a comment