INGREDIENTS (8 servings)
FOR THE BANANA BREAD
Flaxseed (Ground) – 1 tbsp (8 gr / 0.28 oz)
Water - 2 1/2 tbsp (28 gr / 1 oz)
Whole Wheat Flour - 1 1/4 cup) (150 gr / 5.3 oz)
Oat Flour - 1 cup (100 gr / 3.53 oz)
Cinnamon - 1 tsp (2 gr / 0.07 oz)
Nutmeg (Ground) - ¼ tsp (1 gr / 0.035 oz)
Baking Soda - ½ tsp (2 gr / 0.07 oz)
Baking Powder - 1 tsp (4 gr / 0.14 oz)
Salt - ½ tsp (2 gr / 0.07 oz)
Almond Milk - ½ cup (110 ml / 3.72 fl oz)
Vinegar - 1 ½ tsp (25 gr / 0.88 oz)
Coconut Butter (melted) - 50 gr / 1.76 oz
Banana (Softened) - 175 gr / 6.17 oz
Coconut Sugar - 45 gr / 2.64 oz
Agave Syrup - 2 tbsp (25 gr / 0.88 oz)
Dried Bananas - 2 packs (60 gr / 2.12 oz)
FOR THE FROSTING
Agave Syrup - 1 tbsp (15 gr / 0.53 oz)
Coconut Cream - 1 cup (200 ml / 6.76 fl oz)
Nutmeg – ¼ tsp (2 gr / 0.07 oz)
Oil (for greasing the cake mold)
- Grease and line your cake mould with parchement paper and put it aside.
- For the flax egg, mix water with ground flaxseed in a small container and put aside for 10 minutes.
- Weigh your almond milk and vinegar together in a container and put aside.
- In a mixing bowl, smash your soft fresh bananas into a puree and add the coconut butter, coconut sugar the flax egg and cinnamon. Mix with a help of a spatula till homogeneous.
- Add the grated nutmeg, salt and half of your almond milk and vinegar mix, your flour, baking powder, baking soda and mix.
- Add the other half of almond milk mixture and mix.
- Add agave and mix.
- Pour the cake batter in your greased and line cake mold and bake for 35-45 minutes at 175 C.
- Take your cake out of the oven and rest it for 5 minutes in the mold and after that take it out of the mold and let it cool.
- For the frosting, pour the cold cream into the mixing bowl and whip with the help of a whisk until its consistency is a bit denser. Add the agave and the grated nutmeg and whisk.
- Pour the frosting on top of the cooled cake letting it drip from the sides and top it with your dried bananas.
Leave a comment