INGREDIENTS (10 servings)
Dried Figs - 5 packs (250 gr / 8.82 oz)
Cinnamon Stick - 1 whole
Hot Water - ¾ cup + 1.5 tbsp (200 ml / 6 fl oz)
Cloves - whole (3 pieces)
Star Anise - whole (1 piece)
Agave - 2 tbsp ( 44 gr / 1.5 oz)
Sour Salt - 1/4 tsp (1 gr / 0.03 oz)
Lemon Juice - 1/2 tsp (2.5 gr / 0.1 oz)
Cognac - 3/4 tsp (3.75 ml / 0.13 fl oz)
- Take your dried figs out of the packs and cut them in half.
- Put your hot water, cinnamon stick, cloves, star anise and agave syrup together in a pot and stir.
- Add the dried figs to the hot water and put it on low heat on your stove.
- Absorb some of the water until the figs soften in about 15 minutes.
- When the figs soften take the pot off the heat, remove the cinnamon stick, cloves and the star anise. Quickly add the lemon juice and the sour salt and mix gently.
- Add the cognac and mix gently again. Let it cool approximately 5 minutes and then put the jam in a jar.