INGREDIENTS (5 servings)
Whole Wheat Flour - 120 gr / 4.23 oz
Coconut Sugar - 10 gr / 0.35 oz
Salt - 1/8 tsp
Baking Powder - 3 gr / 0.11 oz
Hazelnut Oil - 20 gr / 0.70 ız
Coconut Butter - 30 gr / 1.06 oz
Coconut Yoghurt - 80 gr / 2.82 oz
FOR THE FILLING
Date Paste 25 gr / 0.88 oz
Chopped Walnuts 10 gr / 0.35 oz
Cinnamon 2 gr / 0.07 oz
- For the date paste, put the dates in hot water and let them sit for 15 minutes.
- Strain and process the dates in a food processor until a paste forms. Put aside.
- For the dough, mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Place your dry ingredients in the food processor and add the coconut butter and pulse until sandy. Then add the coconut yoghurt and the oil and pulse until a dough forms.
- Take the dough out of the processor and let it sit for 5 minutes to relax covered with a towel.
- Mix the date paste with chopped walnuts and cinnamon with the help of a spoon.
- Prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and turn you oven on to 180 C.
- Portion the dough to 5 pieces and press the dough portion in the palm of your hand until round and thin.
- Place 2 table spoons of the filling and bring the sides of the dough up to form a bundle and seal the top.
- Put the cookie round seam side down on to your sheetpan and press on it a little with palm of your hand.
- When all the cookies are formed, bake the cookies for 20-22 minutes at 180 C until golden.
Leave a comment